The government announced the strengthening of measures to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Restrictions are imposed in Nur-Sultan, Almaty and Shymkent.
Under the chairmanship of Prime Minister Askar Mamin held a teleconference meeting of the State Commission for emergency situations under the President.
The state Commission adopted the decision on the strengthening of quarantine in the cities of Nur-Sultan and Almaty by taking from 00.00 hours on March 28 of the following measures:
- The restriction of exit of citizens from the dwelling with the exception of purchasing food, medicine, and return to work;
- The closure of places of a mass congestion of the population (parks, squares, pedestrian streets, the promenade, playgrounds, etc.);
- Gradual limitation of public transport;
- A ban on street meetings and in other public places in groups of more than three people (excluding family members);
- A ban on the movement of unaccompanied minors.
In order to prevent the spread of coronavirus infection is introduced 14-day quarantine in a residential area Toelke 20 years of Abay district of Shymkent with the organization of house-to-bypass.
In Shymkent will also suspend the activity of the airport, railway and bus stations, kindergartens.
Are closed places of a mass congestion of the population (parks, squares, pedestrian streets, playgrounds, etc.). The work of catering points will be restricted up to 18.00 hours (from 18.00 to 22.00 — home delivery). Gradually traffic will be restricted to public transport. The limitation of the mode of operation of grocery stores, malls, flea markets and services will be carried out by decision of the akim of Shymkent.
The head of government instructed the Ministry of health together with the Ministry of justice to take the act for the introduction of restrictive measures.
The meeting also considered issues of providing the population with socially important food products and stability of prices, the organization of distance learning students after spring break (6 April), as well as assist citizens residing abroad and wishing to return home.